Friday, November 24, 2006

KRISTINA IN ENGLISH

At long last, we now have a sample of an English version of "Du Måste Finnas" called "You Have To Be There," from the musical Kristina, courtesy of the Kritzerland website. Kristina is expected to open on Broadway in 2007, after years of playing to packed theatres in Sweden. All going according to plan, BennyBjörn (as Frida lovingly calls them) will then have two successes playing simultaneously on Broadway.

"Never before have I questioned the truth of your being,
never once have I dared, never until today,
All of a tremble I stand on the edge of confusion.
Who's to save me, into the darkness I fall

Now that I need more than ever my God to be near me,
Do you hear when I call? Are you there after all?
You have to be there, you have to,
My life I have placed in thy keep, and without you
I am drifting on a dark and stormy sea..."

(Andersson/Ulvaeus/Kretzmer)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home