Thursday, October 26, 2006

Immortality

Extract from the final interview:

Apparently you decided against appearing as the Doctor in a film version while you were playing the Doctor on TV, why?

Never heard of it. God knows where you got that story. They write extroardinary things in these magazines. If you read about all the things that were said when Doctor Who was going to be made into a film in Britain from about ten years ago and all the people that were supposed to be playing it. I have been playing it four times - Doctor Who in this new film. A woman from The Evening News rang me up and said"congratulations." I said 'on what?' "You're playing Doctor Who in the new film" she said. And I said 'am I? Thanks so much for telling me.' And she said "don't you know anything about it?" And I said 'I've never heard of it. Actually the fellow from Monty Python, Eric Idle, is playing it'. She said "oh, no he's not". And I said 'yes, he is. It was in the papers yesterday.' And she said "I've rung him up today and he says he's never heard of it." You don't want to believe what you read in the fanzines. "

Please refer to the complete Final Interview of the immortal Jon Pertwee for more details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home