Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Victorian Architecture for a Modern Glasgow

As many visitors already know, the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum was recently restored during an expansive £27.9 million makeover, making it even more beautiful than ever. As luck would have it, one of my dearest friends visited Glasgow in September, with her husband and parents. Her father, Digby Jones, took this spectacular photograph inside the gallery, and I thought I would share it with you all. I am delighted by the renovations, and thankful that many of my old favourites (the giraffe and Sir Roger) are still very much a focal point. Is it any wonder this is the most visited museum in Scotland? I can hardly wait to see it all in person.

(A special thank you to Mr. Jones for making my Glasgow look even more architecturally brilliant than it already is.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home