Tuesday, June 26, 2007

THESE ARE THE SONGS OF MY LIFE!

No. 5 - SCIENCE by David Usher

Shock horror! David Usher makes the Top Ten! What can I say about this song that I haven't already committed to blog? I'll keep it short so as not to alienate more of you: this is the most wondrous, infectious, angry, uplifting, decadent, happy, dreamy, ripping, orgasmic, edgy, poetic, danceable, transcendent masterpiece ever put on record by David Usher. The minute I heard this song from Strange Birds it immediately supplanted every other David Usher song in my heart. I am damned proud to call this my fifth fave non-ABBA song of all-time:

I'm stuck here in the middle of
This mess that I don't understand
Come on wake up, open my eyes
It's raining on Fifth Avenue
The lovers have all gone to ground
You've been crying, I don't ask why
Make pleasantries with everyone
We're cruelest to the ones we love
Just keep smiling now


Your science is breaking my heart in two
And I know that we will soon be enemies
Cause time will tell...
All of the stars are falling from the sky
These oceans open wide, and drag me under
As these rivers start to green
And the waves keep crashing in...

2 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"most wondrous, infectious, angry, uplifting, decadent, happy, dreamy, ripping, orgasmic, edgy, poetic, danceable, transcendent"....Now that is simply the best adjectival run of superlatives, and so very apt to describe the music of David U.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your note. I of course think it's wonderful that my husband's music touches so many lives. I will make sure he reads your kind comments once he is finished singing the song about doggies to our little Coco.

love Mrs. Usher II.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home