Tuesday, October 10, 2006

To sleep perchance to sleep

Dreams seldom happen if you're not asleep.

Do any of you have any idea what it's like to suffer chronic insomnia? You do? Fabulous! Now we can call each other at 4 in the morning when we're lying there in the dark with nothing to do but wait for the numbness of sleep to eventually come. Personally, those who do sleep make me want to scream and rip their heads off. Sleep would be a little difficult after that, no? Well, welcome to my world. It takes several pills now to keep me asleep. This morning, the pipes in the wall woke me up. This often happens, yet when my landlord came to listen, naturally there was no clicking sound. It happens all day long, 24-7, but obviously *not* when others come to visit. So, no surprise, even with earplugs, that I was wide awake this morning, and threatening Marilyn-like endings. She said it would have been kind of good to be finished, and she was dead within a few days of that suggestion. God only knows where she is now, but hopefully far from the poisons of any Kennedy.

In the meantime, I shall continue the intake of pills and adjust them to suit my limited sleeping time. And don't worry, I shall remove any tumblers by my bedside AND ensure the washing machine is on the rinse cycle so that no one will think I've done the deed myself. Sweet dreams!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home