Friday, November 03, 2006

"It might be kind of a relief to be finished."

The lovely Marilyn. Will we ever know what happened after she made this comment to Life magazine on August 3, 1962? I do know. And here is the greatest revelation of them all, for those who think they know me well: she killed herself. And I don't blame her. Her life was over, she was past her prime, she was not as beautiful as she was, her looks were fading, her deceitful lovers abandoned her, she couldn't sleep without a cornucopia of sleeping pills, she needed alcohol to suppress the pain; she just couldn't rise above it anymore. She fooled her faithful friends some of the time, but I know she cried herself to sleep every night. She had been hurt too much by those she loved and trusted. The heart is a delicate organ, and it can only take so much rejection.

Bless her for trying as long as she did to con all of us into believing she was filled with rapture to be alive. She's an inspiration to me and I still believe she was strong to have carried on as long as she did. I hope I encounter her spirit in everlasting peace in another realm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home