Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Adopting the Agnetha Fältskog philosophy

The woman has a point. She has been criticized for twenty years, for her decision to hide away on her farm, seldom going out into the world. I now see what she's on about. It's wonderful to be left alone, to stay in one's pajamas all day long, keep the curtains closed, play movies all day, read on a comfy chair, eat gelato, turn off the phone, take pills, nap, consume alcohol, play music loud to annoy the neighbours who play music loud to annoy me, and hoover to my heart's content. Don't know why I didn't think of it before. Agorophobia, or Agnetharophobia as I like to call it, is the perfect solution to life's problems. Who knew that simply turning off the phone and deliberately *not* making plans with friends would be so incredibly satisfying? Solitude is the light and source of all my being. I vant to be alone.

"For oft when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood
They flash upon that inward eye,
Which is the bliss of solitude."

William Wordsworth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home