Friday, July 13, 2007

THESE ARE (NEARLY) THE SONGS OF MY LIFE!

In anticipation of the big reveal which happens any time now (the winner should come as no surprise; I've certainly mentioned it enough times), here is a list of the ALMOST TOP 10: the songs that didn't make the cut, but which are also close to my heart. All of them deserve honourable mention, not least because many of them paint portraits of past relationships. Thankfully, I won't be able to hear the guffaws/tittering as my readers view the list and question either my sanity or my sentimentality...

My Sweet Lord - George Harrison
You Make Lovin' Fun - Fleetwood Mac
Candle In The Wind - Elton John
If I Could Just Be With You Now - Bobby Joyner/Dean Nolen (from Latter Days)
Something About The Way You Look Tonight - Elton John
If You Leave Me Now - Chicago
Let it Be - The Beatles
Alska Mig Alltid (Love Me Always) - FRIDA
Sovrum (Bedroom) - FRIDA
I'm Coming Down - David Usher
Sunday Comes - Moist
She - Elvis Costello
Radio Gaga - QUEEN
I Know Him So Well - Elaine Paige/Barbara Dickson (from Chess)
Sista Valsen Med Dig (The Last Waltz With You) - FRIDA
Sometimes When I'm Dreaming - Agnetha Faltskog
It's A Heartache - Bonnie Tyler
Bird of Paradise - Snowy White
Every Beat of My Heart - Rod Stewart
Livin' Thing - ELO
Songbird - Fleetwood Mac
Watching The Wheels - John Lennon
Will He Ever Go Away - Reba McEntire
No More The Fool - Elkie Brooks
Caravan Song - Barbara Dickson (from Caravans)

1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a quickie...........YOU ARE THE BEST - I love your list - I love you - I love music - I love whoever your Top # 1 is going to be - I love your sentimentality - I love gorgeous anticipation of October 5.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home