Saturday, May 19, 2007

Paradise Reclaimed and Then Some

2007 continues to be joyous, with a triumphant return to Paradise. Even though the Winchester Boys are not shown down here (and yes, I've filed a complaint with the local broadcasters here) and I have yet to see the emotional season finale in which our Sammy is brought back from the dead, the anticipated vacation has not disappointed in any way. Tonight, we are celebrating a new friend's 24th birthday, and drinking ourselves silly while tiny geckos dance around our toes. This morning's swim and customary handstand competition in the ocean were particularly enjoyable, due to the fact there was only one Scottish competitor to cheer for. Tomorrow, I'm spending the day in Waikiki with my friend Karen who's here for a marathon. Naturally, I shall be taking her to the Mai Tai Bar at the Royal Hawaiian, after we roam around on scooters looking for Angelic clues. Other than that, I'm considering getting a job as a lifeguard on Sunset Beach - the YAMS there are simply to die for. Who knew I had such a vested interest in Asian cuisine anyway? None of this Nirvana would have been possible without the lovely Al and Sus, who facilitated my return to Paradise, so a very special thank you to both of them. Gotta fly - the turqouise water and its delicious assortment of Asian delicacies are far too tempting to ignore. Aloha!
ps. We still haven't found Charlie, but Bri has donned her first bikini. It was pitch black at the time, but she assures us she had one on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home